Skip to main content

pregnancy...

I am obsessed. I am infatuated.  I am amazed.  I am a little crazy.

Since I can remember, probably around 5 years old, I  have been totally fascinated by.....pregnancy & birth.  I have only just recently admitted this (within the last month) to anyone......my husband. ha!  I don't know why I have never talked about it before.  I have always put on a facade about the whole subject (refer here).

I always wanted to be the pregnant mommy when playing house as kid.  My cousin would be the doctor or dad, and we would pretend like I was giving birth to my water baby.  I would lay on the bed and pull out the doll from under my shirt...cause that is where all babies come from, our belly buttons of course!

I can still recall the first time seeing a pregnant lady on TV in labor...it was Vivian on Fresh Prince of Bel Air!  I was at my grandparents house watching the show with my grandma while she folded laundry.  I was captivated haha!  WEIRDO, I know!

As I got older I had a curious fear of pregnant women.  I always knew I wanted a family, but the fear of the unknown threw me for a serious loop.  The thought of ACTUALLY being pregnant totally weirded me out.

Once my husband and I got married, in 2009, I got that crazy "baby bug".  My free time was consumed with reading about pregnancy and childbirth.

We had a loss....and after that, for about two years I was completely against the idea.  NO KIDS for us, we would have fur babies and that was it.  I would get so annoyed when people would ask us about kids.  You could say I was a little aggressive (insert ashamed look here).  The hubs was "ok" with my opposition to having kids, or that is what he would say.

We had a little chat about it all finally.  (We aren't the planning type.  We never really talked about getting married to each other until a couple weeks before he asked.  We even randomly got married, like 4 months before our PLANNED wedding, at the courthouse one day after I got off work.  We are just different like that I guess.)  Anyway, he admitted to possibly wanting a family in the future, and I of course shot down the idea with all my reasons why we shouldn't.  After that conversation, I realized that I had built a serious fortress around my heart, mote and all, in efforts to not have to experience the pain or risk of it just not working.  I began praying about it, and God instantly changed my heart.

I got pregnant right away!  I prayed thanking God for the blessing and told Him I wasn't sure I was ready, but I was trusting Him to get me ready over those next 9 months and to help me trust this was in His plan.  I again started reading EVERYTHING  I could about pregnancy, childbirth, natural birth, breastfeeding, home birth, how to stay healthy...EVERYTHING!  We decided to wait to spill the beans until after the first trimester...good thing we did, because I didn't make it....another loss :'(

This time around I didn't lose hope, or build any motes....ok maybe I did, just a little.  I did trust in God though, so we left it up to Him.  He always has perfect timing and a beautiful plan.  I kept educating myself on everything this whole time, I felt like an encyclopedia on pregnancy, natural birth, and breastfeeding.

Anyways....fast forward a few months and I fell pregnant again:).  We had a home birth, just how we planned and hoped for, and our life's haven't been the same.

The whole experience really started a fire in me.  I am so much more captivated by pregnancy and birth, particularly natural birth.  I find myself still reading stories and articles about it.  I find that my interests have changed, which I am sure have a lot to do with becoming a mother...but we will see.

Pregnancy is awesome.
Birth is beautiful.
Family is bliss.

Looking forward to the future.  Maybe more babies, who knows what is in store:).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wish list

I have never made one of these before,  but thought I would, since I kinda have  an excuse with Christmas coming up.   been eyeballin these for a while :o)   Nikon 1 J1 Two Lens Zoom Kit in Pink                    Daytrip Checkered Vest neutral booties                     wrap around black belt cape/trench <3 ipad2...who doesn't want one? :P rock revival jeans Washi Swivel Shears 2S101 DR Three-Fingers

I need to catch up...

So...Independence Day weekend, a very special person in my life came to spend the weekend with me.  We had a party on Sunday the 3rd at  The Aqua , which was a lot of fun.  Monday we drove down to Indiana and I stayed there all week with some friends from my "home town."  Thank you Ashlen and Austin ♥.  I went down in preparation for my sweet friend's wedding on Saturday, July 9th.  I was a bridesmaid in the wedding...and wanted to be there to help set things up with her and her family. So...I plan to write more about my experiences the last few days..but right now I am stressed for time.  So I will post some photos until then.

this time last year..

This time last year my husband, our pup, and I were living in a tiny little truck bed camper in the middle of NO MAN'S land California.  Our energy was powered by a generator that we had to fill with gas every single day, and our heat was powered by propane tanks that were so old we could hardly find a place to get them filled.  Thanksgiving was a cold, gloomy, rainy day and we were stuck inside all day.  We tried to cook food on our tiny stove, but it was by no means a traditional Thanksgiving.  We watched movies almost all day and played with our pup, who was still new to us.  I was so heart broken, I could hardly see straight.  He held me together when I felt like falling to pieces.  I had a lot to be thankful for, I had my health, my husband, I had food, family...you know, all the things we are always used to having.  I was still so sad.  I wanted to spend the holiday cooking, eating, spending time with the people I love, being comfortabl...