Skip to main content

Monday

Lucky me, I didn't have class today...kind of a nice little break.  The weekend just didn't really feel much like a weekend, so today I am taking the liberty of relaxing at home, cleaning, and getting ready for another week.  We drove over to Westchester, New York Saturday night to visit my brother-in-law, who was in from Chicago.  It was so nice to see family out here.  We hit up a Thai restaurant that didn't really feel "Thai-ish", but..it worked I guess, and after that we went to see Ides of March.  Interesting movie...I've seen better though :).  Sunday we got home in the afternoon and had some students over to make pizza and watch movies.  The rest of the evening was spent skyping a friend and relaxing with my husband a little bit.  The weather had been perfect the last few days, but with that brings the stink bugs and Japanese beetles...NOT cool!  

Really looking forward to this week, because my teacher spent last week in Santa Monica, Ca at a Vidal Sassoon educators conference thing learning lots of new things to bring back straight to me and my classmates :).  I can't wait to soak up all the greatness!  And...next week we start COLOR!!  I still can't really believe I am finally following my dreams, I know some people may not "approve" or "applaud" me for it, but I have never been more happy.  I am starting to feel that purpose that everyone looks for.  I have God, I am married to the love of my life, he has a job he loves, we have a nice place to live, gorgeous scenery, we are healthy, we have a "family"..Gabriel 
(puppy) and Henry (kitty),
 and I am finally working towards a goal I have had for a while now.  My school is awesome, my classmates are friendly, this experience is just so cool :) :).  


This is my Monday.
Looking forward to the holidays and in 36 DAYS one of my favorite people will be here for a visit..a very short one, but nonetheless it will be great!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wish list

I have never made one of these before,  but thought I would, since I kinda have  an excuse with Christmas coming up.   been eyeballin these for a while :o)   Nikon 1 J1 Two Lens Zoom Kit in Pink                    Daytrip Checkered Vest neutral booties                     wrap around black belt cape/trench <3 ipad2...who doesn't want one? :P rock revival jeans Washi Swivel Shears 2S101 DR Three-Fingers

I need to catch up...

So...Independence Day weekend, a very special person in my life came to spend the weekend with me.  We had a party on Sunday the 3rd at  The Aqua , which was a lot of fun.  Monday we drove down to Indiana and I stayed there all week with some friends from my "home town."  Thank you Ashlen and Austin ♥.  I went down in preparation for my sweet friend's wedding on Saturday, July 9th.  I was a bridesmaid in the wedding...and wanted to be there to help set things up with her and her family. So...I plan to write more about my experiences the last few days..but right now I am stressed for time.  So I will post some photos until then.

this time last year..

This time last year my husband, our pup, and I were living in a tiny little truck bed camper in the middle of NO MAN'S land California.  Our energy was powered by a generator that we had to fill with gas every single day, and our heat was powered by propane tanks that were so old we could hardly find a place to get them filled.  Thanksgiving was a cold, gloomy, rainy day and we were stuck inside all day.  We tried to cook food on our tiny stove, but it was by no means a traditional Thanksgiving.  We watched movies almost all day and played with our pup, who was still new to us.  I was so heart broken, I could hardly see straight.  He held me together when I felt like falling to pieces.  I had a lot to be thankful for, I had my health, my husband, I had food, family...you know, all the things we are always used to having.  I was still so sad.  I wanted to spend the holiday cooking, eating, spending time with the people I love, being comfortabl...