Skip to main content

Fitting In

So I came to the realization recently that where I'm currently at in life, I don't fit in.  I am a 26 year old wife and stay at home mom in a still fairly new place to live, with no family close by.  I am not complaining here, I love where I am at in my life, I just wish I fit in somewhere.

The people close to my age around here are either single women, newly wedded, single men, young couples without kids, older couples without kids, or older single people without kids.  Slim pickins around here, trying to find people who share a common lifestyle.  
I do have some pretty good friends here, but I always feel like an intruder, because I am on the outside bubble more often then not.  

It would be so cool to have some friends close to my age with babies who wouldn't mind spending time with me and my little man.  I am probably a pretty boring person, since I am constantly entertained and entertaining my mini me. It doesn't take much to make me happy, that is why I AM a stay at home mom:).  

The worst part about all of this...?..my closest friend here is moving like 16 hours away next month. :(.  She has been like a mom to me over the last couple years and I just love her to pieces.  

It is hard some days missing my family and old friends.  I am sure it would be different even if we lived close to them, because let's face it...we all have seperate lifes.  I just need that family member or friend to call up every so often to come over and just hang out with us.  

I miss the familiarity of my "home" town in Indiana where I know my way aroud everywhere and my loved ones are less than 25 minutes away.  Being out here is so awesome; it is gorgeous, peaceful and comfortable, but some days I just don't feel like I fit in.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wish list

I have never made one of these before,  but thought I would, since I kinda have  an excuse with Christmas coming up.   been eyeballin these for a while :o)   Nikon 1 J1 Two Lens Zoom Kit in Pink                    Daytrip Checkered Vest neutral booties                     wrap around black belt cape/trench <3 ipad2...who doesn't want one? :P rock revival jeans Washi Swivel Shears 2S101 DR Three-Fingers

I need to catch up...

So...Independence Day weekend, a very special person in my life came to spend the weekend with me.  We had a party on Sunday the 3rd at  The Aqua , which was a lot of fun.  Monday we drove down to Indiana and I stayed there all week with some friends from my "home town."  Thank you Ashlen and Austin ♥.  I went down in preparation for my sweet friend's wedding on Saturday, July 9th.  I was a bridesmaid in the wedding...and wanted to be there to help set things up with her and her family. So...I plan to write more about my experiences the last few days..but right now I am stressed for time.  So I will post some photos until then.

this time last year..

This time last year my husband, our pup, and I were living in a tiny little truck bed camper in the middle of NO MAN'S land California.  Our energy was powered by a generator that we had to fill with gas every single day, and our heat was powered by propane tanks that were so old we could hardly find a place to get them filled.  Thanksgiving was a cold, gloomy, rainy day and we were stuck inside all day.  We tried to cook food on our tiny stove, but it was by no means a traditional Thanksgiving.  We watched movies almost all day and played with our pup, who was still new to us.  I was so heart broken, I could hardly see straight.  He held me together when I felt like falling to pieces.  I had a lot to be thankful for, I had my health, my husband, I had food, family...you know, all the things we are always used to having.  I was still so sad.  I wanted to spend the holiday cooking, eating, spending time with the people I love, being comfortabl...